- I must confess I am a very girly girl and have a deep appreciation for pretty pink things....in other words, I do love pink!
- I do try to eat healthy, mind you not in the stick to salad munching way, but I find simple guilty foodie pleasures such as tea, cakes, crisps, butter and bread very hard to resist!
- My love for vintage began when I found a long 1970s styled maxi dress belonging to my mum and a little white cardigan I wore when I was a mere toddler.....so I began wearing the vintage maxi dress at 15 years of age and have kept the little cardigan till now!
- I am actually terrified of clowns, the Thunderbirds and certain doll-like puppets......perhaps not the most rational of phobias! A few years ago, I was in a shopping centre in Asia when I saw a man in a clown costume and painted face handing out balloons, I panicked and my first instinct was to turn around so I could run away. The clown looked at me as I grabbed the arm of my over 6foot tall basketball playing cousin with all my might to pull him on an escape route, then smiled and started following us up the escalators. Realising there was no escape on the cramped escalator I hid behind my tall cousin as the clown walked up towards us....to my dismay the clown looked and let out a loud chuckle as he passed me!
- My all time favourite books are 'Pride and Prejudice' by Jane Austen and 'Sky Burial' by Xin Ran.
- My favourite actress has been Sandra Bullock since I saw her in 'Speed' all those years ago, and my favourite actor is Colin Firth........he quite literally had me swooning with love in the BBC's adaptation of 'Pride and Prejudice'.....and don't even get me started on 'Bridget Jones'!
- I may love shoes and have too many pairs, but I have never managed the challenge of a pair of heels higher than 4inches!
- My favourite gem stone is actually a crystal called Blue Topaz because I believe crystals are creatures of energy, whilst the translucent blue reminds me of the calmness water embodies and the beauty of the ever changing sea.
- One of my most awkward moments was when I suddenly got stage fright whilst performing 'The Boulevard of Broken Dreams' as a duet with my sister in a school talent competition at the age of 17......we were practicing for weeks, but when a girl in the audience started giggling my body froze up like an ice cube, my voice weakened and I continued singing with my eyes stuck to the floor. (The video below is from the film 'Moulin Rouge' 1934.)
- My favourite quote is "The unexamined life is not worth living" by Socrates!
|From Karen at OpeningMyMind (March2012)|
|The lovely Vintage button detail.....|
|The pretty Vintage peacock brooch.....|
|Sweet Pink 60s...........vintage look!|
PS: Apologies to anyone who has seen the unfinished version of this post and been confused as to what had happened.....I was simply too sleepy when I pressed the publish button rather than the save button!